Monday, July 15, 2013

Gimme a Snickers Please ...




She says to me, "When you use to have periods what food did you crave?"  This, a random question in the car, from my 11-year-old daughter.  I said chocolate, but that was right after I said ...

"Okay, okay, okay .... let's just get one thing straight from the get-go - I STILL have the occasional, surprise period from time to time!"  

Why do I feel the need to make this clear?  Because ... when the day actually comes (and it is like a week or two away, I am certain of it) when I no longer have periods, forever - I will then have to admit to myself, and everyone, that I am officially in MENOPAUSE!  I know there are millions of women that look forward to the day when they no longer have to deal with the mess and trauma and inconvenience of periods - but just wait until you get to the point when you are fixing to lose them.  Maybe it's just me, but losing my periods makes me feel like I am going to eventually dry up and wither away.  Losing my periods makes me ever-so-aware of how old I'm getting.  Losing my periods is assurance that I will never have anymore babies (not that I was or could or would want to do that anymore, anyway - haha!).  Losing my periods reminds me of a pretty piece of steak ... turning into beef jerky.

By the way, my daughter hasn't started her period yet, but she informed me that she is certain the food she will crave will be .... beef jerky.

And ... there you have it.




No comments:

Post a Comment