Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bare and Bohemian

Sometimes ... I choose the outfit to match the shoes I want to wear.

Sometimes ... I choose the outfit and then search my closet for the perfect pair.

Mostly ... I don't even wear shoes at all.

What is it about shoes that women love so much, aside from the fact that there are so many to choose from, and women love to have a choice when it comes to anything?  With me ... it is the way a certain pair of great shoes can make you feel.  I slip them on and immediately know if the particular pair I've chosen represents my personality well for that day.  I seldom give much thought to the comfort of a shoe over the aesthetic benefits.  If it is a gorgeous shoe and makes me feel gorgeous, I am going to wear them even if they hurt like hell.

Someone asked me recently if I had to pick one pair of shoes to live with the rest of my life, which ones would they be?  I chose ... no shoes - barefoot.  This is not because I would have a difficult time narrowing down all of my shoes (which are A LOT of shoes - haha) to just one pair.  It is because I am truly the most comfortable when I am barefoot.  I am one of those women you might see on a busy city street, carrying her high-heels in one hand and her packages in another.   It is one of the things I like most about shoes - the putting them on and the taking them off.  

It's a dilemma, really, sometimes, for me ...because there are often moments when there is nothing in the world that can make me feel better - prettier, sexier, more together, than an amazing pair of beautiful shoes.   And even though a pair of shoes can make me taller by 3, 4, or 5 inches, and even though they can make my legs look long and elegant and smooth and sexy, and even though they match my outfit perfectly and sparkle and shine in any light ... I will, more often than not, shed those shoes, leaving myself looking and feeling a bit bare and bohemian.  It is what I like most, in that moment.  The feeling of freedom.  The appearance of not being all together, but being completely comfortable with the contradiction, and knowing better.   Clothed and then unclothed.

As beautiful as the perfect shoes can make a woman look - it is my opinion that there is nothing more sexy and appealing and beautiful than a women wearing no shoes at all.  Farrah Fawcett knew this; she seldom wore shoes, and she was one of the sexiest, most beautiful women ever.


(And ... for the record, this is not true at all for men.  Keep your shoes on, except at the beach and in the bedroom - haha!)



No comments:

Post a Comment