Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Whips & Chains ...

One of my Facebook friends posted this status today:  "I truly place the failure of a relationship on men ... women are ready to follow ... but most men are not ready, willing or capable of leading."

I responded with, "I don't agree that "most men" is a fair statement, nor that "women are ready to follow."  I think we live in a society, a Nation, where our women have become so independent and rebellious that they have, through the need and desire to better themselves and fight for "equality", made our men peripheral people and only needed when and for what we need them.  It is not the way I think things should be.  I think the man should be the dominant person in the relationship - period.  I am really not the woman to make such a statement, as I am very dominant in many situations I should probably relinquish power to my man.  I am of a generation/society that has tremendously influenced my actions - even if those actions do not truly represent the beliefs inside my heart and head."

It is not a common way of thinking these days, and many women would rebel against the thought of any sort of submission to men, fearing it would and could and likely will (blah, blah, blah) set women back decades or days or weeks (blah, blah, blah), and negate all the progress "we" have made in equal rights for women.  As a woman, I am all for equal rights for women - right to vote, equal rights in the work place, equal pay, right to serve in the Armed Forces, etc., but I am not talking about taking away any of those rights or reverting back to a state of repression for women - I am talking about giving men back their masculinity and power as MEN.  I truly believe this progressive "women's movement" has taken away men's powers on so many levels.  Through a revolution that has empowered women, men have become pussies.  In their attempt to conform - and they have, on so many levels - to a women's movement that was not only right, but necessary and moral - they have lost themselves.  And women have allowed it and done nothing, really, to discourage or repair it.

I'm not going to go into all the repression that has happened to men, I am only going to say that in a relationship I believe a woman should be submissive to her man.  Like I said in my previous statement, I am not always submissive myself (hahahaha!), but I do believe it is the way it should be.  This is not to say that a couple can not mutually make decisions together, walk side by side in most every aspect of their relationship, no.  But ... if push comes to shove in their world, I believe the power should be relinquished to the man.  I believe that you can never have 2 rulers - someone always has to have the top position.  I, for one, believe that top position belongs to the man (except in bed - then the woman definitely needs to be on top, sometimes - tee hee).  I never want to see a relationship between a man and a woman where the woman rules that man, leads the man.  In that relationship, I say the man is weak and dishonored and sad and forgotten and repressed and ... it is not the way it is meant to be.  If anyone deserves the top position, it is the men.  Regardless of how they attained their power - over eons of years (by repressing women, even) - they earned the power and it is only because they love women - loved their woman - love womankind - that they submitted and conformed to making things different for us.

And ... as for in bed, well ... that is submission at its finest.  Women should never (and I would suggest that most never do) emasculate a man in the bedroom, ever, by not, at least occasionally, becoming completely submissive.  Submitting to a man in bed, in love, in sex is, well ... delicious and perfect.  And who does not love delicious and perfect?  I'm not (necessarily) talking about whips and chains (while there's nothing wrong with that - haha), I'm just talking about the MAN being the MAN and the woman being the woman.  He is the stronger sex - he NEEDS to be the stronger of the sexes in bed.  Period.

We, as women, are powerful, but we definitely have the potential, like anyone powerful, to misuse or misguide that power.  We do not need to go backwards in order to recognize and admit that by repressing men and not empowering them and relinquishing power to them when necessary and right, we are not only hurting them ... we are hurting ourselves and our children.





No comments:

Post a Comment